The requirements for access the SFI (A) course for A320 are the following:
- Possess, or have possessed a CPL, MPL or ATPL in the aircraft of the appropriate category.
- Have carried out a competency verification for the issuing of the specific type rating, in an FFS representative of the applicable type, within the last 12 months.
- Have at least 1500 hours of flight as a pilot in multi pilot aircraft and, in the last 12 months previous to the application, have completed as pilot or observer at least:
– 3 route sectors as a pilot in the applicable aircraft; or
– 2 sessions in flight simulator directed by a qualified flight crew as a pilot of the applicable aircraft. These simulator sessions include 2 flights of at least 2 hours each and between 2 different aerodromes, the planning previous to the flight and the post informative meeting.
In the case of an applicant for an SFI (A) certificate, who holds a TRI certificate for the relevant type, that TRI certificate shall be fully counted towards the above requirements.
In addition, if the pilot already holds or has held an instructor certificate, he/she shall benefit from credit for the 25 hours of theoretical teaching and learning training.