To keep the TRI (A) instructor certificate with A320 Type Rating, at least two of the following three requirements must be fulfilled within 12 months prior to the expiry date of the type rating TRI (A) Instructor certificate:
- Carry out one of the following parts of a complete training course for the type rating:
– A session of at least 3 hours in a simulator.
– An air exercise of at least one hour which includes at least two take-offs and landings.
- Carry out a refresher course as TRI (A) Instructor in an ATO for a complete day with a duration of 6 hours plus exam.
- Pass the competency evaluation in accordance with FCL.935
Additionally, during one of each revalidation of the TRI certificate, the requirement established in point three must be fulfilled.
The most common case is when for some reason, there has been no activity, hence there has been no option to revalidate the TRI (A) authorisation due to lack of experience.
This way, a refresher course/or 7-hour seminar plus the competence verification carried out by the SFE/TR (A) for A320 in an FFS simulator (2 hours session with briefing and debriefing).